6.07.2011

Some people who can just go die

I'd like to take a small break from reviewing games to highlight a couple types of people, all of which I encountered on this morning's commute, who can just go die.

  • Guys driving around street/sidewalk-sweepers during commute time in the summer.  I realize that this is apparently your job, and someone assigned you to this nonsensical task, so your manager/agency can go die as well.  All this does is kick up massive clouds of dust and pollen in to everyone's faces and lungs.  Who thought this was a good idea?  God forbid the street looks a little dirty, I'd much rather inhale plumes of filth!  At least wait until the streets are less crowded with pedestrians, you nimrods.
  • People who walk down the middle of a crowded sidewalk, smoking, trailing hot smoke in people's faces on already hot, dry days.  Well, chances are you will die, of cancer, so I guess I don't need to say it again. 
    Ah, what the hell... GO DIE!
  • People in the Metro who stand on the left side of the escalator.  Yeah, this is a common complaint, but it always bears repeating.  Seriously?  Do you not posses the basic human ability of visual perception?  That is, are you fucking blind?  Do you ever just wonder to yourself, "Hmm, why is everyone on the right side standing, and everyone on the left side walking?  Why is there a huge line of people behind me giving me murderous glares?"  Gee, I wonder why that could be.  You are a self-absorbed slug, oblivious to everything occurring in the world around you.  In this day and age, with most Metro stations featuring closed-off or broken escalators, this "rule" is especially important.  You might not have somewhere to be in the morning (in which case, why the fuck are you on the Metro in downtown DC at 8:30am?), but I and a lot of other people do.  The Metro, with its constant delays, is already making us late enough as it is.  We don't need your ignorant ass impeding our commute on top of that.
Thanks for bearing with me on this.

No comments: