12.15.2015

The Best TV of 2015

Here be my Best of TV 2015 lists. Like last year, I divided them in to new shows and returning shows. I don't think it's really fair to put those in the same lists as they have different things to prove. But this year due to the overwhelming amount of half-hour shows that I loved, I divided it up by format as well (I decided not to use the label "comedy" even though it frequently applies). They are all roughly in order of favorite to least.

Best Returning Shows of 2015, Hour-Long Format

  1. Mad Men (AMC) 
  2. Rectify (Sundance) 
  3. The Americans (FX) 
  4. Justified (FX) 
  5. The Knick (Cinemax) 
  6. Game of Thrones (HBO) 
  7. The Affair (Showtime) 
  8. True Detective (HBO) 

Best Returning Shows of 2014, Half-Hour Format

  1. You’re the Worst (FXX) 
  2. BoJack Horseman (Netflix) 
  3. Getting On (HBO) 
  4. Rick & Morty (Adult Swim) 
  5. It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia (FXX) 
  6. South Park (Comedy Central) 
  7. Veep (HBO)
  8. Silicon Valley (HBO) 

Runners up: Fargo (FX), Married (FX), Louie (FX), Bob’s Burgers (Fox), Last Week Tonight (HBO)

Best NEW Shows of 2015

  1.  Better Call Saul (AMC) 
  2. Man Seeking Woman (FXX) 
  3. Master of None (Netflix) 
  4. Show Me A Hero (HBO) 
  5. The Spoils Before Dying (IFC) 
  6. Togetherness (HBO) 
  7. Documentary Now! (IFC) 
  8. Bloodline (Netflix) 
  9. W/ Bob & David (Netflix) 
  10. Last Man On Earth (Fox)* 
  11. Sense8 (Netflix) 

Show I wish I had been able to watch but didn't get to: Mr. Robot (USA)

No comments: