9.30.2007

I've officially given up on Family Guy

Yep, you heard me. I can't stands no mores!
Family Guy is officially an unwatchable pile of shit.
It's sad really -- it took the Simpsons at least twice as long to go sour.

Yes, the last season was pretty terrible. I'm sure if I paid attention to whatever Family Guy dork forums are out there, I'd hear similar gripings to mine. But I figured what the hell, I'll give it one last shot.

I regretted that decision immediately. What in holy hell was that Star Wars BS for the season premier? They didn't even parody Star Wars really (yeah like that hasn't been done a million times anyways). They just re-did all of A New Hope, only animated and with Family Guy characters.

Tonight's episode was even more unbearable. I think the only time I laughed was when Peter put on his Donald Duck "costume." Even that was a bit forced. More and more when I watch, I find myself saying "What the HELL is this? For Christ's sake, somebody throw a freakin pie!" I just watch it, dumbfounded and stricken with horror at what complete un-enjoyable mess the show has become. Will somebody please tell Seth MacFarlane, or whatever poor bastard is writing the show now, that the constant "jokes" that take 5 long painful deadpan minutes to tell (ie, Chris and the store clerk talking about movies -- omg a Clerks reference AHA AHAHAHAHAHA OMG MAKE IT STOP) and hammer blatantly into the ground are NOT FUNNY and make the show PAINFUL to watch? Do they even care?

Maybe their popularity on Adult Swim has gone to their heads. Maybe now they are just catering the shows to whatever tardbags think Squidbillies and 12 oz Mouse are funny.

I don't know, I really don't. I think the whole cartoons for adults thing has most definitely imploded and destroyed everything remotely funny on it's way to oblivion.

The only good thing to come out of tonight's episode was the dropping of the horrible Gillian character played by drew fat whorebag berrymore. Jesus god that character was such a horrible abomination. Now if they'd only get rid of the old peg leg pirate guy who stopped being funny the second time he appeared. And what the hell, why is the old pedophile neighbor guy a regular character now? I hate to bring up the Simpsons comparison again, but they didn't start basing episodes around one-liner gag characters (Gil) until season freaking 18!

ughhhhh
I got so weirded out by the horribleness of tonight's Family Guy that I changed the channel half way through to watch Ken Burns' "The War." That's how freaking bad it was!

I once compared the now terrible Simpsons episodes to a person you've been friends with for a while -- but then that person goes and makes a complete ass out of themselves, and you feel embarrassed for ever having known them. Family Guy is most certainly that friend now. Except pretend that this "friend" also ran over your dog and raped your sister.

No comments: